Does this sound familiar?
- Before you met him, you had more friends than you have now
- Before you began dating him, you were more outgoing and involved with family, school activities, and/or place of worship
- You frequently cry or are very sad
- If your he text or calls you, you must call him back immediately
- He becomes jealous if you look or speak casually with another boy
- He accuses you of behaviors that you do not actually engage in
- He is aggressive in other areas of his life: he puts his fist through walls or closets, bangs his fist to make a point, or throw things when angry
- You make excuses for his poor behavior or say its your fault
- He calls you demeaning names, then laughs and tells you he was only kidding or that you are too sensitive
- You have recently become very critical of your appearance, talents, or abilities
- You frequently have to explain yourself to him or often say you are sorry
If so, you may be in the beginnings of an abusive relationship!