Effects of Abortion
- Damage to a woman's reproductive organs and her future ability to have children
- With each abortion, her future ability to have children decreases
Post Abortion Syndrome (PAS):
- Denial and repression of emotions.
- Avoidance patterns which can lead to isolation.
- Emotional numbness.
- Violence or aggression towards themselves or others.
Negative health affects due to prolonged PAS or stress
- Sleep problems insomnia, nightmares, and hearing a baby crying.
- Back pain, abdominal cramps, and skin irritations, non-hormonal PMT.
- Sexual difficulties cervical pain, frigidity, etc.
- Eating disorders excessive weight gain or loss, anorexia, bulimia.
- Trouble with relationships and intimacy in general.
- Self-punishing and self-degrading behaviors (promiscuity, entering abusive relationships, becoming accident-prone).
- Preoccupation with the abortion child, resulting in anniversary reactions- stress, tension, etc.
- Many women suffer from depression, turn to drugs or alcohol, and have recurring thoughts of suicide.
- Trauma because an unborn baby has been destroyed.